How do I take care of my Ombre Hair # Beauty Article 13

3/08/2013

ombre1


Hey everyone ! Today I am going to talk about the way I take care of my Ombre Hair. I have been wanted those kind of hair style for a year or so, but without going for it ! Last Christmas, back in France, I have finally asked my hairdresser to do it. To be honest, I was really scared it was going to look super fake and un-natural, and that it would be more ginger than blonde blablabla ..

But I really wanted a change, my hair were long enough for it to be pretty, so I said "GO FOR IT!" And I'm glad I did, because I've loved the result ever since.

I didn't wanted to go entirely blonde, because my twin sister Victoria has done that since 5 years or so now, and I don't want to be identical to her and I don't think it would suit me anyway. This is why highlighting the ends was for me the best solution.

Plus, during the autumn/winter, I was finding my face very dull with my brown hair, I wanted to give it some light and to give it some shape too.

First the hairdresser had to de-pigment the ends of my hair, and this is the moment when I thought I was going to be platinum blonde for the rest of my life. But then on top, she added a coloration type of thing to make the colour look more golden and obviously more natural in the same time (thanks god!).

I was very happy with the result, I think it is the only time I was that satisfied from a hairdresser session ! Plus, she had lightly curled my hair, which was giving a super pretty result, I was in my personal hair heaven!!

Here is a picture of my hair just after I came back from there:

instagram pictures 3 029

As you can see, a good length of my hair had been coloured. Maybe a bit more than what I was expecting, but I was still okay with it because anyway my hair were going to grow, so it would get more natural rapidly. I can't wait to see it during the summer, when the sun will even more highlight them, it is going to be prettyyy ! I had to get use to it though, because obviously it is bringing a new shape to my face, is going differently with my clothes .. But I think it is a positive change for sure, and I don't regret it at all ! Some people might not like it, but I don't care!

ombre2


Now, unto the products I'm using to keep my Ombre looking nice and healthy. I'm only going to talk about two shampoos, but not about any conditioners, because at the moment I'm trying to finish a huge bottle of a l'Oréal product which has nothing to do with my Ombre hair, so we'll see that later this year.

As some of you may know, I am a big fan of the Blogger/YouTubeur Zoella, and if you know her, you also know that she has the prettiest Ombre hair on Earth. My hair has nothing on hers, and I can't wait to have a length like she has. She has done a great video and blogpost on how she take care of her Ombre, so I've decided to follow her tips. She is using some products from Tigi but they are a bit expensive, so I've decided to only buy the two affordable products she talked about.

  • Toni&Guy Cleanse: Shampoo for Blonde Hair. 
Zoe has recommend this because of course, a part of our Ombre Hair is now blonde. This means it has to have some specific type of care, and I haven't hesitated a second to buy this shampoo. I've already tried two products from Toni&Guy and I've adored both of them, so I trust entirely the whole brand. This particular shampoo is designed to gently cleanse and enhance the blonde parts of the hair. It is gentle enough to be used daily, but I personally never wash my hair every day.

What do I think about it ? For the moment it has maintain my blonde bits very shinny and colorful, so I think it does its job. My hair are always really clean when I use this, the smell is delicious plus it is only 5£ from Boots, which I think is great value for the quality of the shampoo. If you have really dry hair I would though recommend to use a super moisturizing conditioner, as it tends to dry out my ends a bit (nothing too dramatic !)

  • Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo
This one is quite unusual. Maybe you have guessed from the pictures already: it is 100% purple. And I'm not kidding, even the foam from it will be lightly purple, and the water will turn purple. Scary right?? Well, it is all good. Purple shampoos in general are highly recommended for blonde, grey and white hair. Why? Because this colour prevents your hair from turning a yellow/green colour and keep them vibrant and with golden effects. It definitely refresh the colour ! But careful, use it just once a week or it will damage your hair as it is a toning shampoo.

But without a doubt this has make a difference on my hair! You can find it for about 6£ in Boots.

ombre3


And here is the result, nearly 3 months later, you can see that my hair are still looking healthy and that the blonde is still here! What do you think of Ombre Hair? If you have it too, how do you take care of it ? Let me know !

Speak to you soon, Liz x

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe